Are you going to Rootwire Music & Arts Festival this year? Well you should! For the affordable price of $100, you won’t find another festival offering as much as this gathering, one of live music’s best kept secrets. The festival takes place over four days in Logan, Ohio, and features some of the festival scene’s best DJs and bands including Papadosio, The Malah, The Werks, Random Rab, Snarky Puppy, Ultraviolet Hippopotamus, OTT, Dopapod, Random Rab, and many, many more. In addition, art installations, workshops, seminars, and live art performances make Rootwire not only one of the most unique festival experiences in the Midwest, but throughout the entire United States. If you only have one opportunity to catch a festival for the remainder of the Summer, Rootwire is by far your best bet!
Tickets now ONLY available at the gate for $100
Rootwire is Papadosio’s festival, and we love ’em here at Soundfuse. That being said, there’s a ton of other amazing acts who’ll be gracing us with their talents throughout the weekend. Here are a few suggestions of artists you shouldn’t miss at Rootwire:
- See-I, 7:00 – 8:30, Main Stage (Members of Thievery Corporation)
- Nick Noyes, 7:15 – 8:45, Tent Stage (Bluegrass to Dubstep Acoustic Guitar Diversity)
- Snarky Puppy, 4:30 – 6:00, Main Stage (Virtuosic Jazz Fusion Grooves)
- Dixon’s Violin, 6:00 – 7:00, Side Stage (Soulful Violin with Electric Looping)
- Skeetones, 8:30 – 9:30, Side Stage (Fresh Jamtronica Up-and-Comers)
- Random Rab, 5:45 – 7:00 AM, Tent Stage (Masterful DJ of Psychedelia and Beyond)
- The Malah, 12:00 – 1:30 AM, Main Stage (Dreamy, Tone-Driven Jamtronica)
- Consider the Source, 3:30 – 5:00, Main Stage (Funky Proggers with a Heavy Edge)
- Chali 2NA & The House of Vibe, 6:00 – 7:30, Main Stage (MC from J5 and Ozomatli)
- UV Hippo, 8:30 – 10:00, Main Stage (Trance Fusion Jam Rock Veterans)
A message from Papadosio:
As the creators of the Rootwire experience, we work very hard to bring you a lineup of Artists that are nothing short of mind-blowing. We didn’t choose the lineup based on their marketability, or how many people they can draw. We chose them based on how amazing their craft is. If you are unfamiliar with the lineup, we urge you to explore this world we are creating for you, and urge you even more to come and help us create it. There is a purpose behind this gathering and it is to inspire everyone in attendance and prove that truly everyone is an artist. And through art expression we will transform ourselves and ultimately, our world.
Under each musician, visual artist, performer, and honored guest, you will find a little section called Papadosio’s Notes. Here you can discover our reasons why we chose to add them to Rootwire, and what their art means to us. Things are done differently at Rootwire for a reason. Too many festivals are falling into the trap of monotonous, nihilistic lineups selected soley for profit. We are fortunate enough to have the resources to defy the status quo and raise the bar by bringing you the best weekend festival experience we can think of.